Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos and videos disappeared Samsung Galaxy A71

(Topic created on: 28-07-2020 06:27 PM)
Blondmusic99
First Poster
Options

I have all my photos and videos in albums in my gallery but some have disappeared.  After turning the phone off for 10 minutes some albums reappeared but not all of them. 

All my videos are still missing and several other albums including photos of my dogs and work related photos. 

But when I look in the stories my dog photos are in separate stories. 

Can anyone help me fix this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Blondmusic99: Were the photos and videos stored on an SD card, or the phone's internal memory? 

If you open the Gallery app, tap the 3 dots in the top right and select 'Recycle Bin', are any of the missing images in here? If so, press and hold on an image/video to select it, tap any other files you want to restore (or hit 'All' in the top left) and hit 'Restore' at the bottom of the screen. Similarly, if you go to Apps > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images, are the photos and videos present in this location? 

0 Likes
Blondmusic99
First Poster
Options

All photos and videos were in the internal storage. When I look in My Files, internal storage, DCIM the folders are there but there are no items in the folders. 

In the SD card all my camera roll photos are there. 

They are not in the recycle bin.  

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

quickly send me a picture of your sd card front and back, and backup everything which is there on your pc ASAP

0 Likes
Blondmusic99
First Poster
Options

Nothing wrong with my micro SD card,  the photos and videos disappeared from my phones internal storage.  Everything that is on the micro SD card is fine. 

I've found all my photos and videos backed up in my onedrive. 

0 Likes
Cptn
First Poster
Options

Samsung support was telling me to reset my network settings! They have *****es for support and they dont even understand the issue. At the end they hang up on me. My videos and pics keep disappearing. 

0 Likes