Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't charge.

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 12:12 AM)
freezer12
Student
Options
Type c to type c charger won't work and brings up USb not recognised. Don't know what to do, help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Zilla89
Journeyman
Options
Try grabbing a new cable?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does your current charging brick and charging cable work on another Samsung phone OK?

If your phone still has battery power then try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

And by using a torch have a look inside the charging port to ensure there is no dust / lint inside which maybe hindering the charging process @freezer12 

There is a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.

And a Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone and charging brick and cable.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try plugging it into a computer if you have a USB-C port available, if that works you have a duff charger. If not, a duff cable
0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I recommend you try another cable like USB type c to type A and see if it charges if not then you may need to check the port for any dust in the port and uses a blower to blow the dust out and if the cable is showing any damage on the outside then you will need to replace it hope that helps
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Has any of the advice helped @freezer12  🤔 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Maybe clearing the cache of the usb-settings app would help too.

I'm guessing the advice from you guys sorted his issue though as he hasn't replied since.
(Or they've got a flat battery lol)
0 Likes
freezer12
Student
Options
Aye cheers guys, the battery actually did go flat hahah, had to clear the cache and started working again.