Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

(Topic created on: 07-12-2022 05:16 PM)
lms77
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys my mums bought a phone and got the phone number changed on the sim card but the actual phone still has the original number in the "about phone" section, everytime she tries to sign into her samsung account it sends a 2 step verification to the original number so she can't get the code, we've been told the only way to sort it out is to contact Samsung, ive tried to turn off 2 step verification but its still asking me for 2 step verification on her Google account, im baffled can anyone help? 🙏
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @lms77. It sounds like your mum's Samsung account still has her previous phone number associated with it. As long as she's in the UK, if your mum's password is not being accepted, she may wish to reset it via the following webpage:

Should this not facilitate her in gaining access to her account again, then we'd recommend that she contacts the Samsung Accounts Team on 0800 995 1079, as our colleagues will be able to assist her in getting her account details updated.

This will also help ensure that your mum can use the two-step verification as expected.

With regard to two-step verification for her Google account, that would need to be amended separately via Google. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

lms77
Apprentice
Options
That's great thank-you, im going to try and help her with it at the weekend so I will let you know if we get it sorted out, thanks again its much appreciated 😊