Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not updating

(Topic created on: 29-07-2022 06:46 AM)
Geoffs21
Student
Options

Hi. Help needed.

Why does my A52s 5g not complete a software update. This is the first update since I got the phone. I download the update ok but when installing it reaches 25% and then a warning exclamation mark appears. The phone restarts and I get the message 'software update not completes. Contact Samsung serbice'

Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I remember having this issue on my Note 10 a few years ago you've got to use Smart Switch on a PC to update it
Geoffs21
Student
Options
Many thanks I will give that a go.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Also make sure you have ample internal storage capacity available @Geoffs21 

Try both a Wi-Fi connection and data connection to complete the update [ ensuring you have enough data allowance ]

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Geoffs21: If you would like to try updating via Smart Switch then, to begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your A52s 5G using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

0 Likes