Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone imported into UK from Europe

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 10:32 PM)
Krossit
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've just bought a new Galaxy A52S from a High Street shop.

I'm beginning to suspect that it has been imported from a European country. Mainly because of the European two-pin plug supplied and the fact that the Warranty card has nothing in English.

Will I be covered by warranty?

In addition, when I go to the "About phone" tab, the top entry, "Phone number", shows a number that isn't mine. When called, that number is out of order. I don't think the phone is refurbished as it still had all the plastic protection, but it has left me worried.

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Krossit: On occasion, our plug adapters can have the 3rd pin folded into to the body of the plug, so you may wish to check this first of all. For your peace of mind, even if your phone is not a UK device, our warranty is valid for all UK/EU countries, so you would still be covered in this region. 

Regarding the phone number in Settings > About phone, this may be the result of a read error, and it may be displaying the temporary number that was in place before your network assigned your personal number. If you're still able to receive calls and texts on your personal number then this is likely to be the case, however you do have the option of reaching out to your network to request a SIM swap, to see if this resolves the issue. 

Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Under model details and software version then can you provide what is shown? May be able to narrow down from that which market the handset originates from.

I wouldn't worry about the 'phone number' being incorrect - that can be down to a SIM error, your number not being stored in the correct MSISDN entry that the handset is reading (doesn't affect use in any way), and that entry is user editable anyway so you can, in theory, change it to say whatever you wish but it won't change or affect your handset or network connection.
0 Likes
Krossit
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Andrew, that's very comforting.
Krossit
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Richard. It's an A52S model code SM-A528B/DS. Android 12 (but I think that updated while I was setting up).
0 Likes
YYYDelilah
First Poster
Options
I'm thinking of buying the exact same model. Have you had any recent issues with it?
0 Likes