Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring for incoming call

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 08:34 AM)
Colin9
Explorer
Options

My A3 (2017) has started not ringing for incoming calls. Caller gets a voice message from the network "the person you are trying to call is on another line" (I'm not, I only have one line) and the call diverts to voicemail. First thing I know of it is when I get a notification I've got a voicemail waiting if they leave a message. This is intermittent, sometimes it rings, sometimes it doesn't. I've looked at all the ringer and call divert settings I can find, they all sem to be set correctly. Network signal is quite poor in my house, so often the phone is using wi-fi calling and switches between that and cell network regularly ... could that be the problem? And is this likely to be a phone issue, SIM card issue, or network (Three)? I've tried numerous test calls, and have restarted my phone. Option of trying the SIM card in another phone isn't practical because of the intermittent nature of the fault, not to mention I don't have another phone. Any ideas gratefully received, thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DNS9
Navigator
Options
You may have put a scheduled Do Not Disturb. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Colin9
Explorer
Options

Hi DNS9, thanks for that suggestion. I do not have any scheduled "Do not Disturb" set. Also I confirm phone is not in flight or silent modes.  Nor is "Always forward" set in Call Forwarding. Anyone got any other ideas?

0 Likes
psmiddx
First Poster
Options
Call forwarding setting
0 Likes
Colin9
Explorer
Options

@psmiddx. Thanks, but that isn't it. I did say i'd checked all those settings and they're all OK. Also, the fault is intermittent, ie it doesn't always happen. I'm not changing forwarding/divert settings between calls.

0 Likes
mrtdg
First Poster
Options

Same issue on the Note 20. As long as wifi calling is enabled wifi will only ring sometimes. It's very random. The only way to always receive calls is to disable wifi calling. Which sucks because signal in my house is terrible.

0 Likes
JustBIM
Student
Options

I have the very same issue with my A52 (Dic, 2021). It is not a carrier (network provider) problem, no SIM problem. Some Samsung authorized repair center told me it's a issue with the antenna. When I tried to set forwarding call an alert box appears saying "error reading data". When I put it on 3G it works, but for me that not an acceptable solution.

0 Likes