Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 04:16 PM)
shelagh
Journeyman
Options
How do I answer an incoming call? I checked the user manual but it didn't make sense. I ended the call by mistake.
16 REPLIES 16
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
When you have an incoming call, you should see a screen, with a GREEN and RED button, towards the bottom of the screen. TO ACCEPT a call, drag the GREEN button towards the middle of the screen. Similarly, to REJECT a call, drag the RED button towards the middle.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually there's a green round circle with an icon of a phone in the centre that you tap on or a slider where to slide across with your finger to answer the call.

to-answer-a-call.jpg

download.jpeg.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

shelagh
Journeyman
Options
Tried this, but when I drag the green button the phone stops ringing and I lose the call.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
It shouldn't do. When you drag it, the screen should change, so that you will see (i think) 5 black buttons - all labelled. If you see this, you can hit SPEAKER, to communicate without putting the phone to your ear.
shelagh
Journeyman
Options
Crikey! This is not intuitive. What happens if I don't hit SPEAKER? I appreciate your patience - smart phone is a new regime for me.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
If you see the screen change after you swiped to accept the call, you should be able to use the phone as normal, by holding it to your ear.
shelagh
Journeyman
Options
Onward! Thanks for your help. Strong drink or lying down in a darkened room?
shelagh
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply. Haven't located a slider but I may now slide into a darkened room clutching strong drink...
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
1st pic - an incoming call...
2nd pic - the connected call screen. I've hidden my own number., but these are the screens I assume you are seeing/should be seeing on your phone. 1st pic, I held my finger on the green button, then dragged it towards the right-side of the screen - it should accept the call by the time you've reached the middle of the screen. Likewise, to reject a call, hold the RED button, and drag left. If you've successfully accepted the call, you should see pic #2. You are now connected. If you want to chat hands-free, hit the SPEAKER button. To END the call, hit the WHITE button with the RED PHONE symbol at the bottom of the screen.

I hope I've explained it clearly for you. If you still have a problem, I'm here. 😊Screenshot_20210718-165536_Call~2.jpgScreenshot_20210718-165531_Call~2.jpg