Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental Controls restricting me even though they aren't turned on

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 02:23 AM)
urlovingmother
First Poster
Options

On my Galaxy A53, sometime when I'm trying to install an app, it will say something along the lines of "Parental Controls restrict the installation of this app". My problem is that I don't have parental controls on, and I have no way of turning it off. We did try to turn on parental controls a while ago, but we turned it off shortly after, without changing any settings. When I went into the parental controls section of the settings, it just walked me through the process of setting it up. Is there any way to fix this, or at least a reason why this is happening? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If that does not help then consider backing up and perform a Factory Reset as a very last resort @urlovingmother 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@urlovingmother: For clarity, are you referring to the Parental Controls feature in the Google Play Store (Play Store > Tap your profile in the top right > Settings > Family > Parental controls)? If so, when you navigate to this setting via the steps above, does it say 'Off'? 

If it does, try closing the Play Store and heading to Settings > Digital Wellbeing and parental controls > Parental controls, and checking to see if any restrictions are in place here. 

0 Likes