Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTG cable?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 12:46 PM)
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
Just got a Galaxy A32 and I want to know what OTG cable I  need to transfer my old data to new phone. From an Alcatel-Lucent U5.
Can some one please tell me what I need,I think it is a C type but I need more!
Thanks
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Eli1434
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Eli1434
First Poster
Options
Use this app it is easy and free
0 Likes
Eli1434
First Poster
Options
You will need to download the app on both phones to transfer data
0 Likes
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, but I should have said I already have Smartswitch,I need to know what cable I need,as my Wi-Fi is unreliable on my old mobile.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Your new phone should have come with an otg adapter. Its a little thing, like a USB stick, except it has a male usb c on one end, and a female usb port on the other.
The usb c goes into the new phone and use the usb port to connect to ur old phone using its charging cable.

Maybe because you have an A series it may not have come with one, i know the S and Note do. If not they are literally a couple of quid and u can buy them anywhere online.

You don't necessarily need the adapter btw, if both phones were usb c for example and u have a usb c to c cable, then it'll connect without the adapter.

Screenshot_20210416-140610_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Oh i should mention, that when it uses WiFi, it doesn't mean its using your actual network, like your home WiFi. Its using WiFi Direct to connect one device directly to the old one, so you could do this in the middle of a desert, the connection is phone to phone (like Bluetooth, but faster). So if your home WiFi is unreliable, don't worry about it, it doesn't use it.
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Shazzkid,I think I am getting the hang it now. I've ordered one from Amazon, due Monday.
I will let you know how it goes!
Thanks
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
Interesting! Getting clearer by the minute.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung stopped including the otg adapter ever since the S10 series was released.
0 Likes