Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange notification

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 05:58 AM)
jock59
First Poster
Options
How do I get rid of orange notifications when the app has been cleared. For example no new emails no missed calls but still have orange dots
3 REPLIES 3
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Maybe try going into Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings and make sure App Icon Badges is turned off. Another way to find this, could be just to search App Icon Badges once in Settings in the search bar 😃. Hope this helps! 😄
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum @jock59 as the app markers i.e those orange dots should clear away to then show that you've dealt with unread notifications.

They are handy to see as they indicate awaiting information for you so personally I wouldn't turn them Off.

Try a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and then back On.

Perhaps perform a forum search to see if another member has posted similar issues to yours as the thread may hold a solution and or perform a Google Search.

One good generic troubleshooting tip is to clear the phone's cache files.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jock59: Please follow the advice offered above by @LiquidSnake and @BandOfBrothers. If you still encounter the issue, try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom to open your notification panel, and hit 'Clear'.

0 Likes