Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 03:23 PM)
Frustrated 88
Journeyman
Options

Ironically this is the first phone I've actually purchased vs getting for free and it has TONS of glitches which are near impossible to replicate for the techs. 

This latest glitch is driving me nuts,  please help! Brand new a71 5g uw was making notification sounds just fine.  Five days ago notification sounds are silent.  I get the notification but no noise. No settings were changed,  lacks sound for all push/text. Restart phone and sounds are back for a period of time.  Sometimes once,  sometimes for an hour, then gone again. 

The problem comes and goes and always works fine with a restart. I've cleared all caches, personalization, reset all settings,  checked all settings. To be clear I get sound on a push notification and then not,  nothing changed.  Restart phone then I get sound again for a short period of time. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Try to see what are your settings sometimes people set the "Do not disturb " function and they are confused why are the notifications on silent.
if not give it a factory reset.
0 Likes
Frustrated 88
Journeyman
Options

A factory reset will be my last resort.  Do not disturb is not on, as I stated,  I've checked ALL settings and DND wouldn't be intermittent. 

0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
i hope it will help you. 🙏
0 Likes
Bailey09
First Poster
Options
my s20 5g has the same problem. been happening the past few days. I too have to either restart or toggle the sound to vibrate then mute then sound. works again for a couple of hours but goes again. I too am reluctant to factory reset but looks like that is all I can do. hopefully it gets sorted as only had phone a few months. disappointing
0 Likes
Frustrated 88
Journeyman
Options

Just for kicks I tried the toggle to mute on my phone and it didn't work. Not sure how we can get a samsung tech or moderator on here to help,  but at this point I'll never buy another samsung!  So much for their stellar customer service...

0 Likes
Frustrated 88
Journeyman
Options

I stumbled upon the solution,  bixby apparently had a glitch and they issued an emergent update. Solved things for me so far.

0 Likes