Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 10:52 AM)
DigitalFungus
Apprentice
Options
Just connected my phone to my laptop for the very first time to save some very precious videos and images of passed loved ones. Phone has done something savage and deleted 100gb of data... music, imgs, videos, everything gone. Thanks alot, seriously. Saving an photo on your phone for 2 years, connect to a pc to save it and it gone....
6 REPLIES 6
DigitalFungus
Apprentice
Options
Edit: I have discovered that it has deleted EVERYTHING except what is backed up in Google Photos. So what we have is a device that formats everything when connected to storage device. What a throughly ridiculous design, it baffles me entirely.
0 Likes
XbseriesX
Journeyman
Options
Why don't you start saving to micro sd card? That's what I do.. then insert into pc with adaptor. Just an idea. Sorry you lost your pics.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Am I right in saying you used the move command? This will overload the device and crash it on such a large amount of data. Copy/paste does not delete data.
DigitalFungus
Apprentice
Options
@Pugs1957 No, i had checked the file path on my phone connected it to my Laptop, by the time the promt to "View Imgs" came up everything was gone except those saved in google+. As much as i wish i could claim it was me, no other human interaction bar plugging a cable in to a hole was done.
0 Likes
DigitalFungus
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, it sucks, but this seems.like a common issue, i will have to look in to this more, thanks for the heads up
XbseriesX
Journeyman
Options
You're welcome
0 Likes