Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON Uk version

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 08:53 PM)
Aseries1
First Poster
Options

I have come across on Facebook where Samsung A series Handsets being sold  quite  cheaply.  For example A41 being sold for £210 against  Samsung Website price of £270.

When enquired seller said they have direct contact with Samsung Distributers and import directly from them . They also confirmed that these handsets are Non UK version. I wanted to ask if these handsets are genuine and come WITH Samsung warranty.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Aseries1 

These appear to be grey imports perhaps from a reseller which is where they are usually unlocked to all network's and possibly have the XEU CsC on them.

You would need to check the small print of the Samsung manufacturing warranty as some phones that were released to be used in a Particular region / country would not have support if being used in another country / region

We do sometimes also see that software updates and Security Updates can be extremely slower to come through to such phone's.

Personally if this was my choice I'd pay the extra and buy direct from Samsung UK.

However I appreciate it's your choice and rightly so.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
If the handsets are Non-UK, but are EU models, they would be fine to use in the UK, and they would receive updates. As they are not from a recognised seller, the warranty would apply but not from the purchase as normal Samsung warranties. It would be from the manufacturers date.

Also, if these are non-EU models, we wouldn't be able to repair these in the UK, and the support you received would be very limited.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
dxtnguyxn2002
Journeyman
Options

Can samsung replace battery on a non EU phone even if you are paying for it?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@dxtnguyxn2002

UUnfortunately Samsung UK won't offer support to a phone that's been imported. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes