Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non UK version

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 08:37 AM)
Kel5
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have unknowingly purchased a Samsung A10s for my young son who ended up not using it for almost a year, he recently wanted to start using it but can't remember the password.... there's no forgot password option just gives you a couple minutes between guesses each time. We tried the reset where you reset and reboot but even that don't work as it still asking for password in order to access....Samsung won't help as it's non UK and I don't know exactly where it's from so can't look up spacific info......can anyone help???

9 REPLIES 9
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Take it to a local phone repair person and have them sort it since Samsung are being obstinate. It's a ridiculous policy not wanting to know about their own products. It's not like they are counterfeit...
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Interesting... I do know software that can crack this, but it is a bit complicated if you aren't tech savvy, so I would advise taking it to a phone shop, as they can fix your situation very easily 🙂. Hope this helps! 😊
Cranston2
Apprentice
Options
Putting the Galaxy A10s into Recovery Mode may help.

https://youtu.be/1WA1gZOruAA

Plug your phone into a computer and then hold down the power and volume down buttons until the phone turns off.

Once off, hold down the volume up button with the power off button until phone turns on.

Do NOT let go of the power button while switching through the volume buttons.

Let go of all of the buttons.

Use the volume up key to navigate up and the volume down key to navigate down. Use the power key to select an option.

Navigate down to the option "wipe data/factory reset"

Wait for the phone to reset, then setup for your child.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Because of Knox, as soon as you try to setup the phone again it prompts for the password used before even if you do what you suggest. It says something along the lines of your device has been reset, please enter your password to continue.
MarcusSmartLink
Journeyman
Options
Are you still having the password problems on your Samsung galaxy A10s?
Please let me know so I can walk you through how to get it back up, & running.
0 Likes
Kel5
Apprentice
Options

Hi Marcus yes I'm still having the problem if you can help it would be great ....I have done the master reset thing incase this is what your help involves.....this reset still wants the password to verify the reset lol

0 Likes
Kel5
Apprentice
Options

We did this and like the next comment says once it's done it still asked for password to verify the reset lol so doesn't work unfortunately, appreciate the help tho ty

0 Likes
MarcusSmartLink
Journeyman
Options
Turn off the phone completely, then hold down the volume down, & power button for 1 to 20 seconds, or until the bootload screen come on, you'll see the restart option, & the resets to the manufacturer settings that doesn't need a password. BUT YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING. If the volume down button don't work, then use the up volume button with the power button together at the same time for 1 to 20 seconds. if all don't work, take it to a phone shop. Let me know if it work out, if not then you can try the computer option.
0 Likes
MarcusSmartLink
Journeyman
Options
Did you do the master reset while the phone is on? If so. then follow the instructions that i just posted about your password problem.
0 Likes