Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi networks show up and cannot connect to bluetooth devices.

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 10:49 AM)
StefanieWeiss
Student
Options

I recently recieved my mom's old phone (a Samsung Galaxy A51). I did a factory reset but after that I cannot connect to any wifi devices. None show up in my wifi network list. Even if I manually try to connect to one or scan a qr code nothing happenes. Neither does bluetooth work anymore. I tried connecting my headset but neither does any bluetooth device show up in the list.
Is there any way to solve this issue?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @StefanieWeiss  Try Resetting the Network Connections, Settings-General Management-Reset-Reset Network Settings. This can often solve Bluetooth issues.

If still wifi problems Go to Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router - Forget . This is the bottom right on the list. Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.  if not resolved may need to reboot the router by unplugging from mains and reconnecting.

If not fixed thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on my device it is under view More but could be Advanced if that does not show. select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

StefanieWeiss
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply, I cannot try the last two suggestions because I don't see any networks in my wifi tab at all.

0 Likes