Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pin number for old phone

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 09:24 AM)
Tourmalina
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new A20e and need to transfer info from my old phone a Samsung GT-S5310. The latter is too old to use Smartswitch, so I need to use the pin number for my old phone, which I don't have.Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Tourmalina: Can you confirm what data you are attempting to transfer to the A20e? At what stage are you being prompted to enter a PIN?
0 Likes
Tourmalina
First Poster
Options

Really just want to transfer contacts and maybe a few photos. I've been following the instructions for switching on my new phone. Was going to use Smartswitch, but my old phone is too early a model. I was therefore instructed to use the pin from my old phone instead...b ut of course I can't because I don't have it.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Without the pin you are not going to open the device. Is there a Samsung account on it? If so you should be able to unlock it that way
0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

On your old device i dont believe Samsung accounts were included yet. There is a possible option to get a forgot password screen on your android device on 4.1.2 device 

1) After 5 incorrect password attempts the screen will lock.

2) At the bottom of the lock screen you can click on "Forgot password?"

3) Enter your Google account Username and Password. (assume you've signed Google account)

4) Click “Sign In”.

5) It allow you to input a new pin.

Other than that i cannot recommend any options because passwords are designed to protect the user who installed them.

0 Likes