Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notications on lock screen

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 01:54 PM)
Dallen
Apprentice
Options
I got a new Samsung A14 yesterday and I can't get any notifications on the lock screen despite having all the relevant settings enabled. I've spoken to Samsung tech support who said that feature is not available on this device. Seems ridiculous given that in the notifications setting there is an entire menu dedicated to 'lock screen notifications'. 
20 REPLIES 20
AndrewL
Options

@Dallen: For clarity, have you tried swiping up from your Home screen and heading to Settings > Lock screen > Notifications > On, then setting your preferences from here? For app specific notifications, please head to Settings > Apps > Messages (as an example) > Notifications > New messages > Lock screen > Show content. 

0 Likes
Dallen
Apprentice
Options
Yes I've tried all of that
cazamc
Student
Options
Im the same and its driving me mad🙄. I have been into the phone shop and they know nothing about it and phoned Samsung who after and hour trying to help said the same that this isnt available. So basically if your phone is on silent you have no idea if you have new notifications!!. What about deaf people? Seems crazy that this is on a new phone.
cazamc
Student
Options
Im the same bought mine monday. Cant believe they would make a new phone like this!!
MASSACARESOUND
Journeyman
Options

It's just a shame for the global brand! I wrote to technical support and they confirmed to me that this is not in Samsung on any model! They promised to give it to the developers. And this is the main competitor of the Iphone. Which does not have just the simplest most banal function that is so necessary for full use!

AnglaisRouge
Explorer
Options
This is a "feature" of Samsung phones. I bought my S21 two. years ago and spent ages going through the settings trying to make notifications unlock the screen and found it isn't possible. I don't know how so many people rave about the Samsung UI when it lacks such a fundamental feature.
MASSACARESOUND
Journeyman
Options

It's very unclear to me. Moreover, if you disable AOD, then this function still does not exist. That is, I don't know if anyone sent me a message or not. Especially if the sound is turned off. I remember that a long time ago it was because of this function that I switched to an iPhone. Because it is very convenient, simple and convenient. And now Samsung has just made a bunch of unnecessary garbage in the firmware and there is no such important and simple function. I really hope that the developers read the opinion of users who care about it.

0 Likes
meesie
First Poster
Options
I also have spent hours trying to find out how to turn this function on and after reading the comments realise it doesn't exist, very disappointing, will think again about a Samsung when upgrading next time
0 Likes
MASSACARESOUND
Journeyman
Options

Samsung is worth thinking about. They recently released a commercial hinting at how easy it is to switch to Samsung from an iPhone. And the first thing that users who switch from an iPhone will encounter is the lack of the most basic function and the most useful. That is, the transition will disappoint them on the first day. I don't understand how Samsung can ignore such an important thing.

0 Likes