Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No NFC option on Galaxy A14 5G

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 08:22 PM)
Brostradamus
Student
Options

Hello all,I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A14 5G but not seeing the option to enable NFC under settings-> connections. Screenshot below.

Screenshot_20230312_112955_Settings.jpg

The specifications of the model shows it is an NFC enabled phone. 

Do I need to enable the option some other way?

Has anyone else noticed this and figured a solution?

21 REPLIES 21
MBagshaw15
Explorer
Options
It should be in the drop-down list. Swipe down and swipe down again. This will full screen the notification menu. Swipe left and should be there.Screenshot_20230312-125243_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Brostradamus  If NFC is supported it  will be available via Settings-NFC and Contactless payments.  May  need to toggle it on. https://gb.mobileinto.com/Samsung-Galaxy-A14/   See more information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-nfc-and-how-do-i-use-it/ 

whilst it listed in that link that is the US site,  sometimes there can be regional variations. However it is also listed in information for UK on this site 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
Brostradamus
Student
Options

Thanks for your response @JAMES4578 I bought this phone in India and turns out the specs on Samsung India doesn't list NFC. I had checked gsmarena specs before buying 😞 it wasn't clear that there were non-NFC versions as well.

Either way that explains why I do not see NFC option. Thanks for your help.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, yes that would explain it. Seems NFC is not supported on your handset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dmh74
First Poster
Options
Yes just realized haven't got NFC on my Galaxy 14 absolutely gutted my A12 didn't have it but then got updated and then I had NFC will they be doing this with Galaxy A14
0 Likes
Djbeddy
First Poster
Options
Absolute joke a new phone 2023 that doesn't support nfc
dipuodedra
First Poster
Options
Nfc is not my device Screenshot_20230913_185354_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
tecinfoz
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
llou
Student
Options
What the ***** I just brought the galaxy a14 and can't find the nfc. It's not on my.phonw can someone help me ? I got this phone for the nfc whyyyyy advertised on the box when not able to use this. Am gonna sue this is false advertising 😒 I am so hurt as I font have much money and need to top up my leap card for bus