Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more mobile data after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 11:52 AM)
Blara
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am reposting here an issue that I have seen across the Internet, but with no fix that worked in my case.

Last Saturday, I updated my 2019 Galaxy A50 from Android 9 (Pie) to Android 11. Everything seemed to work without issues, however, I soon realized that, although I still have mobile connectivity, I am now entirely unable to access the Internet through mobile data.

I thankfully have an older phone on hand that still runs Android 9, and, when tested with it, the same SIM cards provide perfectly normal mobile data Internet in the same place. Therefore, I conclusively rule out the possibility of this being a fault pertaining to my provider or my SIM card.

Scurrying forums for a fix, I have noticed that many people across many smartphone brands have had the same issue with the same exact update, leading me to believe that this is an intrinsic problem of Android 11 itself.

Some people have been able to fix this issue by way of doing one or more of the following :

- soft and hard reboot

- remove and reinsert SIM card

- turn airplane mode, mobile data, etc., on and off

- change network preference from 4G/3G/2G to 3G/2G

- reset Access Point Names (APNs)

- reset all network settings

- wipe cache partition through recovery mode

However, and much to my dismay, none of these solutions have changed my problem. (And now, my Wi-Fi settings are all gone, which is another bother in and of itself.)

At this point, the only solution I could find online was, of course, to factory reset the device. However, I am - hopefully understandably - reluctant to do so, as it would mean backing up the entirety of my personal data, losing access to every account, and more (P2P messaging data, etc.)

I am, thus, posting here as a last resort. I'll be thankful if anyone can help me.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It does appear that you have carried out many of the available self help troubleshooting tips and by process of elimination ruled out a sim or account issue @Blara 

You could try Safe Mode > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If this was my situation I'd back up and factory reset. It's the very last resort I sibmit but from what you've already tried there isn't much more you can do unfortunately. 

If you take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre the first thing they'll ask is if you have performed a factory reset.

Which is something they'll do anyway.

A person can also send feedback via their Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes