Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No charger provided with my new phone?

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 05:37 AM)
Cazad
Student
Options

I was so excited to be updating my phone with Sky Mobile but was extremely disappointed to find my new device Samsung galaxy A33 5g came with a cable, but no charger. I feel this is very shortsighted cost effectiveness gone wrong & leaves myself &  your other customers open to damage from fraudulent products.

It always stated in your instructions that using device without cables & chargers provided can cause damage & nullify the guarantee. Which is why I have always been so careful to do just that.

I have been very happily using Samsung phones for over  12 years. Sadly this is the first time I have found issue to complain!

I have purchased a charger from Amazon.co.uk it stated it was a genuine Samsung 25 watt super fast charger.  I'm suspicious it is not though. But I can not afford to buy anymore so I'm left feeling anxious when I should just be enjoying using my new phone. 

Very disappointed & anxious  😰 

Please rethink not supplying chargers with your future devices?

Thanks,

Caroline Galuszka.

24 REPLIES 24
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Will your charger from your old phone do ?? Personally I do all my charging wireless, quick with no cables.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You would get a charger supplied with a new phone now, it's been like that for a few years now. You don't need to buy from Amazon if your worried about fraudulent products, you can buy them from the Samsung store here on this members site.
0 Likes
Cazad
Student
Options

It states in the instructions not to use micro sb cable only use c to c cable provided!

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have been using my old 15w samsung chargers with no issues also have the 25 watt fast charger.
Samsung normal have them on offers on their website.
0 Likes
punkist86
Apprentice
Options
They're all USB c to USB c. I am using my old a70 plug. The idea is a plug should last some time and they do not want to be sending out millions of unnecessary plugs.
I was surprised, but also glad.
0 Likes
kingkoldlampin
First Poster
Options

I got a zflip4 and it came with no wall plug. the people writing it off in here are shills. they shipped ur phone with a cord they knew you wouldn't have a compatible charrgee for then lied to you and said using anything other than a Samsung branded charger would be dangerous for ur phone. they cheated you then lied to you. u should hope that adapter is a knockoff.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment here. Samsung is working on the global transition of the removal of the earphones and charger plug from all Galaxy smartphones following the Galaxy S21 series. To ensure Galaxy consumers have the tools to reuse older charger plugs, the Galaxy S21 and other Galaxy smartphones will still include a cable (USB-C to USB-C cable) in the packaging to attach the smartphone to the charger plug.

USB-C is the most common type of charger for smartphones and other mobile devices, allowing for high speed data transfer and power flow, and it charges your phone more quickly. The USB-C cable is also reversible, can be plugged in either way round and used across Samsung Galaxy devices, so that new models of smartphones are still compatible with older chargers.

Existing Galaxy users are encouraged to continue using their current earphones and charging plug, while new users will need to purchase this separately. Samsung chargers are now available at new lower prices: Search | Samsung UK

0 Likes
andy30ww
Student
Options

i have always used Samsung products but am disappointed at the purchase made today via Argos  which is a replacement for another Samsung phone.

i have been on the chat line with Samsung and i totally understand the reasoning for the changes made and not  to include headphones and chargers with todays environmental responsibilities

Unfortunately this phone cant be used because there is no charger and a NON standard USB lead included.    

This item can't be used until we pay out for a wall charger before we can us this phone.

Surely Samsung should be aware of this issue and either offer a wall charger or USB lead so the phone can be used

20221127_165246.jpg

I have read reports that other chargers are not safe but feel that Samsung should respond to this by offering a free alternative.

I hope i get a response to this message

Members_UVP7Zsf
Student
Options

I’m the same , this is my third Samsung phone but no charger. It’s very disappointing and will make me rethink whether I change this for another samsung the next time around. It’s a pitiful short sighted economy in my view.