Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Calling over WiFi Button

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 02:25 AM)
DeaconPJH
First Poster
Options
I've brought a Samsung A53 5g but there is no Calling over WiFi button so cannot turn it on.  This feature is set up with my provider. Wife has same phone brought same time and her one has this feature. Can anyone suggest how I get the feature on my phone?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DeaconPJH 

The settings are sent by the provider i.e network so the Calling Over Wi-Fi functions appear.

Try inserting your wife's sim card and then see what happens.

Also from experience if you ask your network provider to send an OTA Configuration that will send the settings to the phone.

Also calling over Wi-Fi preference settings is set by the network so it'll only kick in if network signal is very low or non existent.

Try turning on Flight Mode to test.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@DeaconPJH: If your network is able to confirm that the Wi-Fi Calling feature is compatible with your phone, and has been activated on your account, then you should be able to activate it by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom using two fingers, and selecting 'Wi-Fi Calling' from the Quick Panel. Alternatively, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > On. If the options aren't available, please restart your phone to see if this helps. 

DeaconPJH
First Poster
Options
Thanks Andrew, I've done all that on the suggestion of Vodafone and everything is set and correct but no option button showing on the phone.
My wife has same phone and provider and she has the option so mot sure where to go from here. Phone is only two weeks old
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DeaconPJH 

Is this Vodafone UK ?

Looking at their Calling Over Wi-Fi official page > Calling Over Wi-Fi  the phone model.you have isn't in the supported eligible phone model list.

Please check the eligibility list yourself. I'm suprised the Vodafone Agent didn't see this.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM can sometimes help > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

That maybe the reason it's not available.

I understand that your wife's phone does have it but that may have been just lucky it's showing on her phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GuyFingers
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I have joined specifically as I have the same problem!

Very interesting to hear that your wife has it and you dont!

I don't think it's anything to do with your ISP.

Did you find any resolution to this? It's very annoying that my old A70 has it, but not my brand new shiny A73 5G - especially when all videos show how to enable it.
I've looked at software updates and it's all up to date.

Looking at 'About Phone' in settings, mine has the following details - maybe you chould check this against your wife's?

Model number - SM-A736B/DS (on box it says A736BZAGMEA)

Serial number (number)

and then at the bottom after 2 IMEI slot numbers (which is strange as it only has one)

United Arab Emirates and then a TRA ID (number)
                                                                         TA (number)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
GuyFingers
First Poster
Options

Further to my above message, any google searches for A736BZAGMEA comes up with Samsung's United Arab Emirates web page - maybe that is the reason

0 Likes
GuyFingers
First Poster
Options

Further to my above messages, I've just changed service providers to EE and the options have appeared.
So it IS to do with your service provider.

0 Likes