Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phones after the a70s me and my girlfriend purchased cost us a fortune

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 11:25 AM)
Nathanlee
Journeyman
Options
We both purchased around 2020 and early 2021,first issues that popped up was the charging ports that cost us around 40£ then they worked for a few months, then all of a sudden same problem but this time the phone repair company (CEX) said its the port and the ribbon so we went ahead on both devices costing around 60£ the the screens stated to just black out when they felt like it mine going first then my girlfriends would been 100£ genuine screen or 80£ Chinese copy we both got genuine few months down the line the charging posts started again cex saying these phones was covered under warranty but these issued was self inflicted. All around knightmare we can't afford expensive phones with just having two baby's so the repairs buy the shops was charging port 40£ per device ribbon 20£ per device while getting the port done and 100£ for genuine screen cex/phone doctor prices we did enquire to Samsung they wanted £189.00 per screen and at that time the device to purchase was £115 then went down to £100 so it's pretty clear the route we chose so i think Samsung Need to recall our device and ateast repair them free of charge and add their Warenty other than cexs also ask if anyone els has the same issue because it has cost us a fortune in repairs and I've seen in the group a few people with the same issue and temporary fixes for them like pushing the back above Samsung sign to get ribbon back in 

Please help Samsung and don't just have a robot talk to me for days saying we can help then saying at the end it will cost 189£

Many thanks Nathan butterworth
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It sounds to me that the phone's sold to CEX by the original owner had issues already @Nathanlee 

CEX are supposed to thoroughly check phone's over before buying them from the original owner. This usually takes around an hour.

CEX as the seller of the phone's to you have a Duty of Care to support them.

It's not in Samsungs hands although if they can they will try to help but at a cost.

You didn't buy the phone's directly from them so they have no obligation to give you a free repair. Even Samsungs Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty has exclusions such as accidental damage is not covered. 

Personally I would ask CEX for replacement phone's if the issues happened soon after purchase. 

I see you've owned both for a while now.

You wouldn't know how the previous owners treated them. i.e accidental drops and bumps etc.

Its a minefield when buying 2nd hand phones unfortunately. 

If any work has been carried out by an unauthorised engineer than any remaining warranty will be possibly voided. 

Samsung would also ask for the original proof of purchase from them which I expect the original owners will have. 

CEX put their own 24 month warranty on phone's purchased from them, although do check the Terms and Conditions and any exclusions to this in regards to repairs. 

I wish you all the best with this.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Plus manufacturers void warranty once the phone has been repaired by a third party. Am sorry my brother.
0 Likes
Nathanlee
Journeyman
Options
OK so my new phone even if the price is double the phone cost to repair you would recommend getting it repaired by Samsung will that benefit me anyway ?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

One has to weigh up the cost of the 2nd hand phone you purchased to the cost of the repair to see if it's worth going ahead @Nathanlee 

Some repairs are more costly than others.

Having repairs carried out by a standalone repair shop can lead to the use of inferior parts and the introduction of other issues as well as voiding the Samsung Manufacturers Warranty.

That said some do decide to go ahead anyway and have no issues apart from losing the Samsung Warranty.

It's an informed decision you personally need to make. 

Remember we are fellow customers like you giving our advice from our own personal experiences. 

We're not here to judge you or decide what to do on your behalf. Only guide and help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "