Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New out of the box phone

(Topic created on: 03-01-2022 04:33 AM)
Emopaganbabe
Apprentice
Options

Daughter got a new straight talk samsung galaxy a32 5g phone for Christmas, but it has nothing but had problems, she gets a pixalated screen ND then it automatically restarts everytime that screen pops up I am nor understanding why or how this could happen any ideas on cheap ways to fix it

20211226_090039.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
I'd return it ASAP, was it a brand new and sealed phone? I'd return it where you bought it from.
Emopaganbabe
Apprentice
Options

I tried to return it back but they would not takeitback because the girls destroyed the box ND thrown it away I know I can fix it myself just need to figure out what it is

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah as has been said before to return it.
If its brand new then it should have a warranty.
Don't bother to try and remedy it.
If you bought it second hand, then go back to the vendor.
Unless it's something you downloaded, it's probably a software issue.
You can always factory reset it and set it up again to see.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If its brand new in the UK. The you should have 14 days to return it.
Sometimes there are exceptions if you take it out of the box.
But if its faulty, doesn't matter if the box is damaged. New phones have a manufacturer warranty.
Emopaganbabe
Apprentice
Options

Got it from Walmart straight  talk, tried to return it told them the system keeps failing and they still said no to the return

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I don't know about consumer laws in the States.
Try contacting Samsung customer services and see if they can do something under warranty.
Personally I'd look I to the consumer law in the state you got it from.
I suspect it will be on your side and they are fobbing you off.
We have consumer rights groups here in the UK, and I'm certain you will have where you are
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Warranty job ring up Samsung!
0 Likes
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
Do a live chat with samsung from the members app they will ask for the imei number etc and sort out a free repair for you
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Wow I'm sure you've got one pretty dissapointed girl and rightly so @Emopaganbabe  

As the phone wasn't purchased direct from Samsung then it's upto the seller i.e Walmart to sort this for you one way or the other.

As @Glenntech mentions it's worthwhile just checking out any Sales of Goods type rights you may have before tackling the shop again.

Ask to see a manager or you'll need to speak with Corporate. 

If their Returns Policy states that the item has to be returned with all packaging then argue the phone is faulty so they couldn't resell the item due to the status of the phone.

What they'd do ultimately I suspect is return the phone to Samsung for a credit anyway.

Articulate that your wanting a replacement not a refund.

If you can get into the settings to be able to factory reset then please do as @Glenntech mentions factory reset it and hopefully that may sort this out.

Samsung phone's do come with a manufacturing warranty for 24 months which does not cover accidental damage.

You could also speak with your card company if you paid that way to see if they can assist.

If your near a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre you could approach them for support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "