Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Stylus Pen Doesn't Work On My A7 Phone?

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 12:14 AM)
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

I've bought generic styli from Amazon and EBay and enjoyed flawless use with them, on my Samsung 10 inch tablet and my old Samsung J5 phone. 

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy A7 phone and all my styli appear almost completely useless, and that includes after taking off the screen protector, to see if it was that (I use close-over cases, so I don't need a screen protector, anyway).  My fingers work, but I hate touching this type of screen with my fingers because I hate great looking devices with fingermarks on them.

Is there a stylus that will work perfectly, on this new (and "old") A7 phone?  I'm a touch baffled, and I'd sooner use a stylus than use my finger/s.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Ian Haines: The Galaxy A7 isn't intended for use with a stylus/S Pen, so this may be why you're running into some issues. If your intention is to use it for general touch screen interactions, then please try heading to Settings > Display > Touch sensitivity, and toggle this option on, to see if you notice an improvement. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

The one I tried was the one already being used, daily, on the older Samsung J5, and on the Samsung tablet.  I think it's something to do with capacitive styli and conductive styli.  Can anybody tell me which one is more likely to work on this Samsung A7 phone? 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Ian Haines: The Galaxy A7 isn't intended for use with a stylus/S Pen, so this may be why you're running into some issues. If your intention is to use it for general touch screen interactions, then please try heading to Settings > Display > Touch sensitivity, and toggle this option on, to see if you notice an improvement. 

0 Likes
Kimgiffiths19
Pioneer
Options
I think one of those very basic, simple Styli with an air filled rubber tip is probably your best bet. (They can sometimes be found on the end of certain pens).
My partner uses one on his S10 plus because he has "a thing" about touching glass!
0 Likes
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

That is the type that I've been trying, KG.

Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, for that, AndrewL.  It's made the sensitivity lighter enough to notice and I can get used to the extra pressure that I have to put on the stylus.  I might, yet, just buy another J5 as my "second phone".  How can I avoid this problem, in the future?  Are phones less/unable to use styli the industry's way forward, now?

0 Likes
Kimgiffiths19
Pioneer
Options
Any luck Ian?
0 Likes
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

Minor improvement that I can probably handle for direct "prods" on icons or numbers, Kim, but swiping is impossible.  That limits use, badly.  I'll probably just buy another J5 and use that as my backup mobile. 

Thanks, for asking, though! 😀