Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is drinking electricity.

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 04:28 PM)
Bodachmor
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I have had for about 3 years. The battery used to last for about 2 days before it needed re-charging but of two weeks ago, it now only lasts about 6 hours. I replaced the battery but it is just as bad with the new battery. Any suggestions, anyone?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Bodachmor ,

I would suggest having this examined by one of our engineers to see if there is anything causing the drainage. Please contact our Support Team for further information. 

0 Likes
Bodachmor
First Poster
Options

Please, Tess, can I send your support team an e-mail as I don't want to be hanging on the phone all afternoon waiting for an answer or waiting for someone to answer my chat.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

The email service is not working at the moment, due to the current situation. However, you can try to reach them using any of the alternative channels as our social media channels found at the bottom of the page @Bodachmor.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The problem is that the new battery is probably old stock as the S5 was discontinued 5 years ago. Batteries degrade over time so it's probably time to upgrade the phone
0 Likes