Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Samsung A40 is not working properly. It can happen. Assistance in Portugal sucks!

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 10:54 PM)
ruivieiradias
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung A40, a corporate mobile! Brand new. After some weeks it started to disconnect the SIM. Several times a day! I have dropped it and picked it up 3 times. I was told each time the phone was good! Apparently, last time it was send to Samsung. Still has the exact same problem.

This is unacceptable for a phone wich was unbox just a few week ago. I should have been given a new one. Don't know what to do. I can use my time better than dropping and picking up my mobile at resale point.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ruivieiradias 

If your company has provided the phone to you as you mention it's a "corporate phone" then perhaps go back to your company and ask for a replacement. 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

This can help determine if its the sim card or network signal at issue.

If this happens in another phone then perhaps your sim card needs replacing via a sim swap.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
ruivieiradias
Apprentice
Options

I discovered the solution on my own. When Google acount reinstalls the apps, the ones or some that uses information from SIM card seems to have not been installed properly or are corrupt. Had to identify which of them were corrupt, desinstall and install again. It works fine now.

Mad_Phone
Explorer
Options

Hi, i have the same problem. Do you remember which apps you had to reinstall? Thanks!

ruivieiradias
Apprentice
Options

It was a portuguese app. It should be an app that uses contacts. I was lucky to fund out easily which was out. When I installed all apps I didn't set them up imediately and just when I needed them. So, the first time I used it, the error started so I knew which app was creating the problem. I desinatalled it and installed again and it was fine. What I mean by an app that uses contacts is for example Whatsapp.

Mad_Phone
Explorer
Options

Thanks a lot! I'll try to go through my apps that use contacts - hopefully, that improves the nasty "No SIM card" error on my Samsung Galaxy A40... There are quite some guys having the same issue here in Germany ...

hguggemos
First Poster
Options

I solved the issue by deinstalling (and then new installing) Android Car App. Now the Phone works fine.

0 Likes
JeroenVitalis
First Poster
Options

unfortunately i have had over 10 different phones with the same issue and have not found a proper solution yet.

Lots of my college's are really struggling with this issue since everybody is working at home.

Is there anyone here with a defenitive solution? I would really apreciate it. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
ruivieiradias
Apprentice
Options

Desinstall all apps that uses info of your sim card and install them again. Example: whatapp, skype... It worked for me.

Leen84
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my A40 (recently bought). They already sent it back, it came back "repaired", but actually nothing changed.

I just spoke with the Samsung helpdesk on the phone. They told me that there's is problem with a lot of these phones and that I should wait for a Samsung update which might solve the problem. (they could not specify when this might arrive).

Will try reinstalling the apps that use contacts, though. It's one of the things I haven't already tried.

0 Likes