Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My A70 screen turned black. Is there any way to be able to view the display on another screen and transfer clipboard data?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 05:21 PM)
mimo-dib
Student
Options

For context, part of my digitizer died in September 2021. A horizontal part of the screen would not respond at all. Early this morning, i found that the bottom half of the display leading up to that dead digitizer section turned completely black as if there was a black square overlaying the display. I remember that section briefly turning white before becoming black. The display could still be touched all through, even on the black part. A couple minutes later, the rest of the display flashed white for a moment before also turning black. At this point, I am either considering getting a repair or getting a new phone. My question is though, am I able to view the contents of the display on something else such as a monitor or a tv screen? I'd like to get all my data before moving over to new phone, that includes my clipboard data and such. I do have a smart-switch backup however, it is a couple weeks old. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@mimo-dib: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Based on the nature of your query, please take a look at the link below for steps on how to access your phone's screen or backup your data remotely, if the touchscreen is unresponsive. The link refers to a smashed screen, but the information is still relevant to your situation. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-smashed-my-screen-and-cannot-use-the-touchscreen...

In particular, please focus on the 'Backup data remotely' section, as you can backup your data to the cloud using Find My Mobile on a home computer. Let me know how you get on. 

mimo-dib
Student
Options

Thank you for the quick response! I have downloaded the smart-switch desktop app as well having having had it on my phone before the incident. On the windows computer, it was unable to detect my old phone despite me updated the drivers. I am heading to my local Best Buy to purchase a multiport adapter however, I am concerned if it will be able to connect to my TV if I have a lock screen password enabled.

0 Likes