Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music stuttering on A53

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 09:01 AM)
llima
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

I just got a new A53 5G. I'm finding the performance appropriate for the price and positioning of the phone. It feels faster than my good old S9+, now 5 years old, although I appreciate they are actually quite similar according to benchmarking apps.

The only issue that I'm really having is that music often stutters if I demand a bit more from the phone. If Spotify is playing and I, for example, unlock the phone with face recognition, or open Outlook, or scroll fast on Facebook, or a new message arrives on WhatsApp while I'm checking other notifications.

I've done quite a bit of research on Bluetooth issues. Changing the codec to SBC from AAC seems to have helped with no noticeable (to me) detriment to sound quality. I also re-paired my earphones, changed Bluetooth battery usage to unrestricted, removed the default video wallpaper from the lock screen, and changed the refresh rate to 60 hertz.

However, this is not just about Bluetooth. If I play music with the speakers, I get the same outcome.

Is there a way to improve this or is it really down to the phone not being that powerful?

I don't remember ever having this issue on the S9+, or on any previous phone I've owned to be honest. Previous phones I've owned might even become slightly less responsive if I was playing high quality audio, giving me the impression they were prioritising keeping up with the playback, but on my A53 this seems to be the opposite.

Help?

Thanks,
Luiz

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

My csc was Panama(TPA) & it contains bugs *Lagging* that's why i switched to ARO

And now it works fine 

0 Likes
llima
Explorer
Options

No it didn't solve it for me. In some circumstances the music would still skip or stutter. I wonder if it's just down to processing power so there's not much left to do.

0 Likes
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Did you change the csc with the samfw tool?

but you have to check first what your csc is

0 Likes
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Screenshot_20230310_145248_Settings.png

 show me this

Go to settings- about device-software info

Screenshot service provider software version for me

0 Likes
yuehuadal
Apprentice
Options

does it have negative consequences like not getting updates???

0 Likes
Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

No you will get updates let's say I have panama right?but it takes to long for Panama to release updates then I switch to Argentina cause the Argentina csc gets quicker updates & contains less bugs

0 Likes
yuehuadal
Apprentice
Options

okay, thank you, so you recommend the Argentinan csc, i was thinking about tje Mexican csc since I am from there xD but if you thinks that works better, I'll hear you out

Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Send me a screenshot of wich csc you have currently 

0 Likes
Tusskie
Student
Options

I'm also having this issue but I don't use Spotify. I actually use YouTube music and YouTube proper. I actually thought it was the apps, not my phone, but it's all Bluetooth audio. I need my music to function and the fact that this has only been getting worse over the course of the last few weeks is disappointing and frustrating. 

Bigslime96
Voyager
Options

Change the Csc if you want to check how you do it watch on youtube

0 Likes