Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music stuttering on A53

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 10:23 PM)
llima
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

I just got a new A53 5G. I'm finding the performance appropriate for the price and positioning of the phone. It feels faster than my good old S9+, now 5 years old, although I appreciate they are actually quite similar according to benchmarking apps.

The only issue that I'm really having is that music often stutters if I demand a bit more from the phone. If Spotify is playing and I, for example, unlock the phone with face recognition, or open Outlook, or scroll fast on Facebook, or a new message arrives on WhatsApp while I'm checking other notifications.

I've done quite a bit of research on Bluetooth issues. Changing the codec to SBC from AAC seems to have helped with no noticeable (to me) detriment to sound quality. I also re-paired my earphones, changed Bluetooth battery usage to unrestricted, removed the default video wallpaper from the lock screen, and changed the refresh rate to 60 hertz.

However, this is not just about Bluetooth. If I play music with the speakers, I get the same outcome.

Is there a way to improve this or is it really down to the phone not being that powerful?

I don't remember ever having this issue on the S9+, or on any previous phone I've owned to be honest. Previous phones I've owned might even become slightly less responsive if I was playing high quality audio, giving me the impression they were prioritising keeping up with the playback, but on my A53 this seems to be the opposite.

Help?

Thanks,
Luiz

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Hi mate. I have no issues with it on my A53 phone. I had mine for 8 months and no issue. Try going to settings sounds and vibration. And check on sounds and quality effects then turn on Dolby atmos. If that doesn't work. Then you might need to send an error report
0 Likes
llima
Explorer
Options

I have no problem other than music stuttering in certain situations. Did you use to listen to music on your phone, and did you ever notice anything like I described? I'm otherwise very happy, actually. It's a decent phone. Good value.

0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I do listen to music. But I don't use Spotify as you mentioned. When I first bought the phone. Spotify was installed and I subscribed to a subscription. However i then deleted it. I use YouTube Music a lot. Have no problem with it listening to my Galaxy buds and general playing music on phone speakers. I don't experience any stutters on YouTube music. Unless it is Spotify. Then I'm guessing your phone speakers are alright 👍
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I have no issues on my A53 with music and stuttering. I use Spotify, a radio app and a simple music player app with no issues at all. Have you tried to wipe the cache or a factory reset to see if that sorts out the issues you are having.
0 Likes
deadmalc
Explorer
Options
Does this happen with wifi turned off? Reason I mention it is it could be 2.4ghz wifi interference.
0 Likes
llima
Explorer
Options
I've decided to bite the bullet and reset. I had just finished setting things up, but there you go. I'll come back here to update you all.

Thank you very much for your comments.
0 Likes
Bigslime96
Pathfinder
Options

It's a bug

But i'm sure the next update will fix it

0 Likes
yuehuadal
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue even though I reset my phone. Do you notice any difference now that you said you reseted it?

0 Likes
Bigslime96
Pathfinder
Options

No i changed my csc to ARO and i got the latest 5.1 update & the phone has been working fine  ever since

0 Likes