Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Software Issues on A71

(Topic created on: 29-08-2020 12:55 PM)
velicious
Apprentice
Options

First of all, my elegant A71 has the infamous yellow tint issue. But I couldn't make progress on that, Samsung Turkey has let me down. And I decided that I'll never buy a Samsung phone again. 

Now I just want the value for my money. There are a few bugs I'm encountering and previous updates hasn't resolved them. Samsung Support is only wasting my time by responding with superficial solutions like "factory-reset your device".  So I'm opening the topic for the community.

1) Microphone gets deactivated spontaneously. I can't use Bixby/Google Assistant commands, or I hear merely buzzing sound when I record something. Its an occasional thing for me to hang up the call because the caller can't hear me so I figure out the phone decided not to do its main job.  Only a restart solves the issue. 

2) Sometimes a general phone lag accompanies that. Every action gets incredibly slow. And that occurs in the most unexpected times. Needless to say my giant 8GB RAM never gets filled more than half.

At this point I'm restarting the phone on a daily basis, sometimes twice. I believe this common(a quick Google search away) problem can be solved if given enough attention.

1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @velicious 

Indeed a factory reset can resolve many issues which is why they probably suggested one.

Another option is to put your phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens.

If the issues stop then one or more of your apps are causing conflicts.

Start deleting them one at a time until it stops.

Usually a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can help.

To get bug reports and feedback to Samsung it's advised to use the Samsung Members App. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes