Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving apps

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 11:58 AM)
patcheen
Student
Options
How can i move apps to sd card im using a samsung A21s and running out of space 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can only do this if your phone allows that operation.

Also only some apps can be moved.

Go into settings , apps, choose the app, storage and if it gives you the option to move / change to sd card then you have that feature.

If not look at deleting old or unused apps.

Calendar entries.

Old sms and mms messages.

Old emails.

Music.

Videos.

Turn your phone off and then from a set series go into the phone's system files and clear the cache files. No information is lost this way.

You can also go into settings , apps, choose an app, storage and clear the cache of apps individually that way.

A more aggressive approach is to back up , remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

Ultimately is your info is catching up with your phone's storage capacity then it maybe an idea to upgrade to another phone with more onboard storage and the facility to move apps to a sd card.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

patcheen
Student
Options
thank u for the info and help

but my problem is the internal storage is 32gb but ive only got 3gb free....

if i could move the apps to sd card that would free up loads of space on the i nternal storage theres only 2gb used on sd card which is another 32gb

i know how to move the apps just the fact that im not getting the option to do so

if i knew when i bought the phone in july that you couldnt move apps to sd card i would have chosen a different phone
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're welcome.  :smiling-face:

So yes unfortunately it looks like your phone model won't allow the process.

Time to delete items and or upgrade and check that the phone allows movement of apps to sd card or buy a phone with more storage capacity.

Personally I wouldn't go below 128Gb now.

That said my current phone is a 256Gb capacity and I know I won't get close to filling that.

I wish you all the best with this @patcheen 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
you can't move any apps NONE no games the only thing the sd card is good for is storing photos videos music and some files, iv been having the same issues and all I get from Samsung support is *****, this is the only phone I have had in the last few years were you can't move apps, as Samsung no support told me you can save you photos, videos to the cloud, thats right i can SO WHATS THE F,ING POINT IN AN SD CARD THEN. sorry just annoyed thats all, SAMSUNG SORT THIS OUT
0 Likes