Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving apps to sd card Samsung Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 14-06-2021 09:42 AM)
Speedy82
Journeyman
Options
Is it possible to move Apps from internal storage to external storage? All my previous phones you could transfer apps via settings however with the new A21s it's not giving me the option to move to sd card for any of my apps which were moveable on previous phone.
Thanks
31 REPLIES 31
Pammyk66
First Poster
Options
if I had realized that I couldn't move apps to ad card I would not have purchased this phone not even a month in and I'm struggling for storage Samsung sort this out I moved from Huawei to this
NapalmVisine
Student
Options

Everyone on this thread just dumb af. You obviously haven't read ***** we are saying. APPS WON'T MOVE TO SD. Is there still nothing we can do? I have 3 of these awful phones here. Complete Trash. My A20 had all the functions that my A21 is missing. Smart View, won't even install on the a21? Wtf Samsung? Return this Garbage and jump off this Samsung ***** Boat permanently. Ima buy an iPhone after this ***** here. 

smokeyb
First Poster
Options
can you tell me how that is done?
0 Likes
Barneygoogle
Journeyman
Options

"Inch" (on Page 1) explains how to move photos to the SD card. I don't think you can move anything else to the SD card.

0 Likes
kellilesl
First Poster
Options

It is rather annoying that we can't move apps to the SD card I hope Samsung fixes  this and fixes it soon. I also wish MetroPCS would have told me that I couldn't move apps when I bought my phone and when I asked to buy an SD card as well. Then again as a customer I should have done my homework as well and looked into that kind of stuff. Either way I hope they fix it soon!

Yvonne0103
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem..I'm so pissed and bored as apps take alot of space and need to be moved to the sdcard😩💔😭

AndrewL72
First Poster
Options

The latest system update seems to have fixed this! 

0 Likes
Dawlyn GP
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL72 escribió:

¡La última actualización del sistema parece haber solucionado este problema! 

¿Que actualización? 

0 Likes
Vhulenda Muvenda
First Poster
Options

Go to Settings > Apps. Select the app you want to move.  Go to Storage. Between the app name and space used, you may find 'Storage used' with a button "change". Click on the button, a window to verify the action will pop up.

Please note that not all apps are flexible to run from an external SD card. Therefore, some apps won't have a "change" button.

0 Likes
Members_19cXI7Z
First Poster
Options

Yes you now can do it. Go to your settings, select Apps, pick the app you want to move then when that is on the screen scroll down to storage where you clean the cache, at the top it says change press it then it gives you option of internal or sd card then press move.

0 Likes