Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving apps to sd card Samsung Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 09:24 AM)
Speedy82
Journeyman
Options
Is it possible to move Apps from internal storage to external storage? All my previous phones you could transfer apps via settings however with the new A21s it's not giving me the option to move to sd card for any of my apps which were moveable on previous phone.
Thanks
31 REPLIES 31
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the option isn't in the app preferences section to move storage type then it's not an option for that particular model of phone at this time @Speedy82 

Not all phone's have this option.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
your better off just making sure your Google & Samsung cloud back up settings are set up correctly. You should then be able to restore when you log a device in.
0 Likes
jonathan1984
First Poster
Options
Have the same problem don't understand why I even downloaded app manager and it still won't let me move the apps that its says can be moved can Samsung help or send update update
cheekyA
Apprentice
Options
Have the same problem can't (won't) let me move apps to sd card, Samsung need to do an update to resolve this issue, the only two thing you can do is set up new photos to be stored on sd card when taken a photo and it will allow you to move files to sd card and you can move your music to sd card
MrTee77
Student
Options
Can A21s save apps to sd card or not?
Speedy82
Journeyman
Options
no, not sure why
MrTee77
Student
Options
I just wanted to free up some of the internal memory
inch
Student
Options

Any word from Samsung on this? My new A21s seems to have even less storage than my old S7, so I purchased an sd to keep photos etc and free up internal storage. I don't want to go to the Cloud or Google, I want to keep it all on my 'phone as we only have intermittent internet and often just 3G coverage where we live. Very frutrating!

inch
Student
Options

No word from Samsung but I think I've figured out how to do it.

For a photo album:Tap on Gallery app icon

Tap menu (3 vertical dots)

Tap Edit

Tap Select items

Tap All

Tap menu (3 vertical dots)

Tap Move to album

Tap Create

Re-Type Album name

Tap Internal Storage solid arrow pointing down

Tap SD Card

Tap Create