Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture Detected

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 07:02 PM)
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
My A9 says it detects moisture but its not been near any liquid. I've been told it's a feature Samsung installs to scare you into buying a new device, is the correct? 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
No its not correct....have you tried a different charger cable?
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
No its not true. Sometimes that is a sign of dust and debris in the charging port.
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
Yes
0 Likes
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
So why have a notification saying there is moisture detected. This feature is not necessary and needs to be removed.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I can't go into the technical ins and outs but it's a indication that your charging port needs attention. It happens to some Samsung units but out of the millions of phones that get shipped... a small proportion have this issue. In some cases its a genuine fault, in some cases its a software or hardware glitch and in other cases it is poor ownership from the owner.
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
So you are saying it's my fault.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
That is a possibility. Or it can be a genuine fault... or water actually has got in. To get an accurate idea, book the phone into a authorised repair centre to be examined.
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
There is nothing wrong with the phone apart from the moisture detected notification. I will not be buying another Samsung.