Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data problem

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 09:10 AM)
keith in uk
Apprentice
Options

Today i discovered that both of my samsung a13 smart phones and my samsung tablet would not connect to my hub so i phoned the helpdesk. I had not noticed that even though all 3 had wi-fi on they were no longer connected to my hub , something had turned it off on all 3 devices. ????

I mentioned to the call center person that whilst i was trying to figure out what was wrong i had tried to get on the internet using the mobile data setting but it did not work. The guy said it wont work if your not near a ....... 

So my problem is i cant remember what he said i need to be near to.

FOOTNOTE ....  what i cant figure out is what turned off the wi fi on all 3 devices

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When you say " hub " @keith in uk is that your Home Broadband Router your wanting to connect to via Wi-Fi on your phone and tablet ?

Some troubleshooting you can try if this is so is to make sure Wi-Fi is turned on in Settings > Connections > Turn on Wi-Fi or pull down from the top of your phone and on the toggles tap on the Wi-Fi toggle , and another is to reset your Home Broadband Router as it should have a reset button on it.

Wait until the reset completes.

Also in your phone's settings in Wi-Fi there is an option to forget the Wi-Fi and then go ahead and reset the connection back up.

In regards to a mobile data connection your phone / tablet will need the Mobile Data turned On which is normally found by again pulling down from the top and ensure the Mobile Data Toggle is lit up or in Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Turn on Mobile Data.

Check no date limits have been reached here too.

Check any relevant network app to make sure you have mobile data allowance left.

The support person may have been talking about being near a cell mast !

The below Samsung links should help in explaining how to troubleshoot.

As for your Home Broadband Router you'd need to refer to your ISP Providers support manuals.

Mobile-devices/how-to-troubleshoot-a-galaxy-phone-that-wont-connect-to-a-wi-fi-network. 

How-do-i-connect-to-wi-fi. 

How-do-i-enable-or-disable-mobile-data. 

How-to-troubleshoot-mobile-data-issues. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
keith in uk
Apprentice
Options

thanks to both of you , the samsung firmware update stopped my 2 phone and tablet from talking to my bt home hub , i sorted that , then i found i could not use mobile data when i was trying to find out what was wrong , it turn out that the update had altered some other internal settings and one of them was parental control , i had to contact my phone provider as it would not except the pin number to unlock parental control , the call centre unlocked everything and am pleased to report all is good now on all 3 devices ..... one thing i did notice is that samsung seem to be doing a lot of updates , maybe they are trying to undo things that an update messed up.

0 Likes