Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Contacts

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 05:29 PM)
New-To-Sam-sung
Journeyman
Options

Earlier this summer, I bought a new Galaxy A52.  About one week into using it, I added a particularly important contact.  The contact was only an email address with a name.  No phone number, or any other data point.

I recently tried to find this contact in my phone and it is nowhere to be found.

When I first added the contact, I double checked that it had been added correctly.  I have not deleted the contact, but I can't seem to locate it.

I have not been using the Google Contacts app, and the contact is no appearing in my Google account.

Is there anyway to access the storage on the phone and look manually through the data-There doesn't seem to be a way of looking in-depth though the phone using the Samsung My Files app.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might restore this lost contact?

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@New-To-Sam-sung: Please can you head to the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the option at the top of the pop up window (above 'Groups') and make sure that 'All Contacts' is selected. If it is, go back to the landing page and use the magnifying glass symbol in the top right to manually search for the contact by name. You may also wish to tap the 3 lines in the top left > Recycle bin, to see if the contact has found its way there. If the contact is located in the Recycle bin, press and hold on it and select 'Restore'. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Maybe use a reliable third-party recovery software downloaded on a PC. Connect your phone to the PC with a cable and hopefully, it should restore what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😁
0 Likes
New-To-Sam-sung
Journeyman
Options

The contact is unfortunately not in the Recycle bin, and I can't find any matching contact based on name.

New-To-Sam-sung
Journeyman
Options

Could you recommend a good recovery product?  I realized that I might have to go down this route and have been searching for about 40 minutes.  Many of the recovery products look dodgy... have you used any personally that you could recommend?

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Of course 😁! Some good recovery apps include; Wondershare Recoverit, as well as Wondershare Dr.fone. If you still unsure about these apps though, I would advise looking & inquiring on Reddit and XDADevelopers. Hope this helps and good luck with the recovery! 🙂
0 Likes