Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

misleading sales A21s

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 07:01 PM)
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options

Hi I have the A21s, the advertisement say you can increase storage via Sd card however this maybe true for photos and videos but you are unable to move apps, ANY APPS, I have chatted with the online support and basically got nowhere them telling me I can move photos and videos to sd or cloud storage, my point is I can't download games or useful apps because the storage fills up.

Iv had a lot of Samsung phones and never in the last few years have I not been able to move ANY apps to sd. I'm missing the point of expandable storage if photos and videos are the only thing you can move as the support team told me I can move them to the cloud SO WHY HAVE I GOT A SD SLOT THEN.
This is very disappointing and not what I was led to believe. Does anyone know a way of moving apps, I have changed the settings to force apps to move and download an app to move apps but unfortunately none of these have worked as none of the apps give the option to change.

16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nothing Samsung can do if developers compile their apps not to allow SD card usage. SD cards are slow and fail quickly due to limited read/write cycles. Incidentally, this is not a Samsung thing. The Members app works well. I have clarified your misunderstanding.
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
I don't have a misunderstanding thanks, apps that can be moved on other samsung devices including previous phones i have had such as the note 8 can not be moved on the A21s FACT. I know how sd cards work and I know not all app/ games can be moved thanks. has for the members app works well im guessing that depends on what your using it for and is a matter of opinion. however the patronising tone isn't very welcoming is it
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
But it's OK for you to be patronising ‽ Quite likely the apps you refer to have updated since the Note 8 and can no longer be moved., although if they haven't it may still be possible through developer options.
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
how have I been patronising ? maybe the apps have been updated that is quite reasonable, I have gone through developer options, I clicked force apps to sd however there is no change option on any app or game and when I say any I do mean any I haven't found a single game or app that can be moved. as for samsung I have been a samsung user for many many years I know how they work and this issue seems to be with this phone A21s as many ppl have also discovered samsung support offer NO explanation or remedies, and as for my comment on samsung members app I don't understand why you took this personally, my point was I used the samsung members app to find a solution and it seems there isn't any so on that point for this issue its redundant, hope this clarification as gone some way to un hurt your feelings it wasn't a personal attack on member or samsung JUST MY OPINIONS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can always check on Play Store when an app was last updated. It may have been possible in the past but SD cards cannot keep up with more powerful CPUs and more data intensive apps. No developer wants a bad reputation and if their apps don't work properly with an SD card it is the app that will get the flak when it is the fault of the SD card. This is not the only forum I contribute to and I can tell you this applies to other devices from different manufacturers.
The trend seems SD cards are on their way out, not something I'm happy about as I still believe they should be retained. Anyway, sorry we can't help on this, it's firmly in the hands of the developers. I still think the Members App works well, there are many who have benefitted but not all answers are welcome.
KMmund
Apprentice
Options
You can though, I have the same model phone and I've done it
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
Really how, iv enabled developer options and checked force apps to sd, iv tried all the things I can find on YouTube bla bla, nothing no option to change any app, I'm glad you have managed to do it however simply saying you can is not helping me. If you could share the way you did I would be grateful as I'm sure other members with this issue will be. Thanks 😊