Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

misleading sales A21s

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 10:40 AM)
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options

Hi I have the A21s, the advertisement say you can increase storage via Sd card however this maybe true for photos and videos but you are unable to move apps, ANY APPS, I have chatted with the online support and basically got nowhere them telling me I can move photos and videos to sd or cloud storage, my point is I can't download games or useful apps because the storage fills up.

Iv had a lot of Samsung phones and never in the last few years have I not been able to move ANY apps to sd. I'm missing the point of expandable storage if photos and videos are the only thing you can move as the support team told me I can move them to the cloud SO WHY HAVE I GOT A SD SLOT THEN.
This is very disappointing and not what I was led to believe. Does anyone know a way of moving apps, I have changed the settings to force apps to move and download an app to move apps but unfortunately none of these have worked as none of the apps give the option to change.

16 REPLIES 16
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
According to those who know, it is not best practice to place apps on to the SD card. Slow read/write speeds etc.
Although, the card may be used to store documents, music, podcasts or audiobooks. Hope that this will help you a little.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Bazabaz!

You may have a better response if you post your issue in the section of the forum that is dedicated to your model of phone, the Samsung A21s. See...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/bd-p/galaxy-a-uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same problem with my Tab s7 plus. In the past I've always had my Amazon Music set to download to SD card, but inspite of telling the app to download to SD it won't.
The tablet acknowledges the sd card is inserted. I have tried unmounted and remouting it and I have formatted the card.
Help please.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bazabaz 

I've edited your post to add the model code and moved the post to the A Series board. 😀

Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
yer good point 👍
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
okie pokie thanks 😊
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
isn't it annoying 🙄
0 Likes
Bazabaz
Explorer
Options
can I just add, 1 on the A21s page it appears there are many ppl with the same issues, 2 on the A21s page it also appears there are no solutions to the problem, 3 Samsung support has no advice or solution to this problem other than move your pics and videos to sd to save space, my question is simple why have an sd slot i can save my pics and videos to the cloud to save space, i can't download games and apps without the phones storage being full.
it would appear while Samsung support and indeed the member's app seems like a great idea, if I can't get answers to a problem its pretty redundant
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
the same seems to apply across the Samsung range where microSD card slots are present. I'm using mine for backup via Samsung Switch but in addition to photos and videos I guess you could store your music on there for offline listening if there's no signal for Spotify etc.
0 Likes