Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mislead purchasing

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 09:50 AM)
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options

Have samsung A70 mobile bought samsung galaxy 3 smart watch in December both paired to each other im wheelchair user thought would give me confidence to go out independently and if got into difficulties use watch to contact family yesterday went out just took watch it wouldn't send me texts notifications nothing so when I asked samsung expert im now told because im a tesco mobile user I need to change to and Esim plan to allow this to work im so angry this was never mentioned upon purchase of watch I feel I was mislead I always buy Samsung and always praise them to my friends but this matter has disheartened my trust in them please forward this to a manager to be looked into 

8 REPLIES 8
MarkT89
Student
Options
it really is easy if you are a pay monthly customer they can add it to your bill
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Members_GI05gy7!

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your watch, phone, and purchase experience, and I'm also really sorry that the products8 disheartened your trust - thanks for contacting the community. Hopefully I can help! 🙂

Did you buy both the phone and watch together? And where did you buy each of them from? It was wrong for you to be mislead. If you brought the watch directly from a mobile provider, for example Tesco, they should have offered you an eSIM plan along with the device.

If you buy the watch from Samsung, they don't offer eSIM plans on the purchase page, and you're right, it should be highlighted that you need an eSIM. Maybe Samsung could offer some eSIM plans on the page too, so you can get everything you need in one package. They do it with phones, so I guess they could do it with watches too!

I can definitely see why you're angry/upset with Samsung and managers and mods look through this community a lot, so this should get picked up.

Hope this helps, and all the best,
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options
I bought the phone from Tesco the watch from Samsung itself online im so so angry and would like them to look into my situation to come up with a resolution as a wheelchair user this now does not increase my confidence to go out alone independent this was the sole purchase of buying the watch they promote u can leave home without your phone so I took them at their word
0 Likes
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options
but that's an extra hidden cost they didn't make me aware of
0 Likes
MarkT89
Student
Options
to be fair that's tesco mobile it will work with Bluetooth if you have your phone with you but to be just used without the phone around needs setting up as e sim minimal cost I think tesco may even wave the cost but they see it as another device given the cost of the watch its a small price for amazing feature
0 Likes
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options
so will tesco provide an esim to me
0 Likes
Cazz1977
Journeyman
Options
I have spoken to tesco they don't do esim's can someone from Samsung please pick up on this and come up with a solution this is really not good selling on samsungs behalf surely u should be asked your mobile provider when purchasing
0 Likes
MarkT89
Student
Options
if you are on pay monthly you go into the wearable app on your phone and click add data plan it will then contact tesco mobile to get a esim it isn't actually a sim as such it's electronic number than your watch will use its done automatically
0 Likes