Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft One Drive

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 08:33 PM)
NigethePie
First Poster
Options
Hi All,
Forgive my ignorance, is what storage are people choosing when Cloud is phased out?
Thanks

Nigel
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, Microsoft Onedrive will be replacing Samsung Cloud.
0 Likes
NigethePie
First Poster
Options
Hi Aparmar,
Thankyou - will most people use it?
Are there better options?
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I haven't made the change and haven't really looked at any other options but I know that Dropbox is quite good.
0 Likes
NigethePie
First Poster
Options
Thankyou.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem, any questions, please feel free to drop me a message.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've got Onedrive paid up until January 2026 with the family plan (6 users with 1TB storage each plus all the premium office apps). Cost me £199.95 which I think is a great deal and meant I was able to get my Dad and Sister onto it too. Unsure whether I'm able to add my sister who is in Australia onto it from a UK subscription plan but if a family of 6 shared the cost equally it would only be £33.32 each or £6.66 per year which is such a good deal. Though you have to patiently wait for the Onedrive deals on the 12 or 15 month packages to come along and stack them.

Other than that I make use of unlimited photo storage with my Amazon Prime subscription as an a added backup though pay for 100gb of video storage. I also use Google One too lol, the 200GB option. I need help haha.

Also use offline backup on SSD drive and hard drive. A bit paranoid since my laptop HDD failed 5 years ago and I lost a lot of my stuff then just last year before importing anything onto my new laptop the SSD failed.

I think I'll stick to having a mix of cloud storage and offline storage into the future but cut down on the silly amount of each I utilise.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NigethePie: There's also the option to back up your photos to your Google Drive account via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Google Drive > Backup Data. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung Cloud is still available to back up my items apart from.your Gallery @NigethePie 

I tried OneDrive to back up my Gallery but I found I didn't like it.

So now I auto back up any photo I take to Dropbox. I find this more seamless than OneDrive in my own user experience.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes