Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message App using wrong SIM for SMS

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 06:40 PM)
waqasqadri
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have an A31 and I am using dual SIM, I have setup a preferred SIM for SMS. Today I switched to Samsung Messages App and I realized that its not using the SIM which I have setup for SMS in dual SIM settings. Whats the reason for that?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @waqasqadri, on my Z Fold 4, in Settings/Connections/SIM manager, I can set Preferred SIMs. This enables me to set calls and messages per sim when I have more than 1 sim enabled. Is it the same on your A31?
0 Likes
waqasqadri
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your response. Yes I have all three options (call, SMS and data) in dual sim setting and I have setup this up. But somehow Messages app is not picking up the right SIM for sending SMS.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@waqasqadri: Is the issue persistent across all contacts, or just certain ones? If you head to the Contacts app, and tap on an affected contact, does it reference the correct SIM in the contact details? 

0 Likes
waqasqadri
Journeyman
Options

In the contact app it only shows default SIM for call not for SMS. For that particular contact, the default SIM is the same from where I want to send the SMS from.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under settings search for default apps and make sure samsung messages is your default app for messages.
0 Likes
waqasqadri
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the response. Its working fine for now. I did two things.

1- I switched off one SIM which was not my default SMS SIM and switched it on again

2- Somehow there was two SMS threads for that particular contact, I deleted one of them

Since I just switched to Samsung default Messages app, one thing, which is very annoying to me is that the app does not show that on which number/SIM the SMS came in. I was using Signal and in that app, it shows whether the SMS is coming on SIM 1 or SIM 2.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Atleast its sorted for you now 👍🏽
0 Likes