Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a compact phone to replace A3

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 10:17 AM)
NikBlank
Student
Options

I have a 2014 Samsung A3, which is increasingly dropping calls. Texts always come through but calls often dont stay connected. Am told by my network that its because it is old. Have no idea if that is true - whether it is the phone or the network. Dont really want to pay for a new phone but if I did replace it, I am looking for something as small as possible. Use the phone to make phone calls, check email and a couple of apps (travel, telegram etc). So needs are basic and most important feature is to be able to make clear calls.

Can you recommend something?

Deliberatly wanted a small light weight phone but I cannot find anything that matches this A3. Have not found a 4.5 inch screen phone, so even started wondering whether to try a candy/dumb phone like Nokia 8000 or 6300 - both have facebook and whatsapp but I use neither of them, instead use a couple of other android apps. 

Coming back to Samsung, If I managed to get the newer A3 would that be a good idea? Or A5? So many of the others phones are just way too big and heavy for some folk like me or those with hand disability. Any help appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
sure is tricky, see personally I love big screens & love my s20fe and I i have had a few devices from the A series but again I prefer the big screen, the a21s for a really cheap handset I would recommend if your going new , maybe look into buying a used model if its that kind of screen size you want , look into the s series models you can pick up the s7, s8,s9, and so on .
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
if you can get your hands on an s10e that's the smallest phone the samsung has made recently
0 Likes
NikBlank
Student
Options

Thanks. Apart from the S10e, are there any other smaller phones that were launched/available in the last 3 years? I can at least then try and find something simple and small. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
not from Samsung no, the A20e was fairly compact but there is no true small samsungs anymore the s10e didn't sell well so samsung is avoiding smaller phones,
0 Likes