Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lockscreen notifications Samsung Galaxy A71

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 03:57 PM)
TessaJean
Apprentice
Options

I have just purchased a Samsung galaxy a71 after being an iPhone user for many year and one problem that is driving me up the wall (amongst many others)  is that I can't seem to get pop up notifications on lockscreen like on an iPhone. I have tried a few apps but could only get one to work but then I couldn't t use the fingerprint turn on when it was installed. It seems like such a simple thing that it is on my kids Motorola and Huwawei, why won't it work on a galaxy?? Can anyone please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TessaJean 

I'm not sure if any of the options in Settings, Lockscreen and Notifications may help or in Settings , Advanced Features and Smart Pop Up view.

Apologies if you've already looked at these.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

To fix this go into settings->lockscreen->notifications and change the popup in view style to detailed. Now notifications will show up full and as normal

Screenshot_20200801-154913_Settings.jpg

(I have attached a picture of this menu)

0 Likes
TessaJean
Apprentice
Options

Thanks tried all those. 

0 Likes
Solution
TessaJean
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I have that on though. It doesn't provide a pop up notification on lockscreen. I have had to download an app which seems weird to me on such an apparently good phone which doesn't have this simple function. I downloaded Glimpse Notifications which is working OK. 

MASSACARESOUND
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon! As I understand you. Also switched from iPhone. The shell has become great, I like everything very much, but the notifications are as they were, or rather they simply do not exist. It's just a shame for Samsung not to be able to display pop-up notifications like on the Iphone. I haven't tried anything, notifications don't come on the locked screen. And this also applies to the moment when the AOD is completely disabled. That is, if the phone is locked, I can't see what came at all until I pick it up. In short notifications, there is a pop-up mode, but it looks just awful, like on the cheapest Chinese phone. And I want to give money to Samsung to receive normal, adequate pop-up notifications, which can also be any cheapest smartphone. I don't want to download any third-party applications for such a simple and ordinary function, because they read all my SMS messages and get full access to them. Samsung - buy at least one iPhone already and see how it should work!!! Like those who care about this feature. Maybe Samsung will finally start to hear their customers?!!

0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
What is your kids Motorola and Huawei device model
0 Likes