Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last copied item on clipboard

(Topic created on: 28-03-2022 11:08 PM)
Marc12345
Apprentice
Options
Hello, wondering if anyone can help. I can clear my clipboard just fine but when I long press, the option to paste pops up and last item that was copied can still be pasted even though the clipboard is empty. How do clear all items so nothing remains. My old phone S7 used to not allow pasting once clipboard was cleared. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Marc12345 Have  you tried  clearing the Data and cache of the keyboard?   Go to Settings-Apps- for Instance Samsung Keyboard (or the one you are using)- Storage. From there clear the Data and cache.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Marc12345
Apprentice
Options

Hi thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried clearing cache and data and this hasn't resolved the issue as shown on screenshot which shows blank clipboard but by long pressing paste shows up and if I were to click on it it would paste last thing I copied 

Screenshot_20220327-194733_DuckDuckGo.jpg

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Marc12345 I would suggest clearing the cache partition to see if that makes a difference https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

As far as I am aware do nor need to plug into computer or attach USB C Headphones, as in the case with Android 11 and beyond with S Series. Know that is the case with A22 that relative has .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Marc12345
Apprentice
Options
Hi thank you again for your response. I have tried that and unfortunately that hasn't resolved the issue. My phone is running android 12. Is it a known issue with that version?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi, ok thanks for confirming. I have noticed some clipboard issues being reported but not this particular one. No issue on my S Devices though. Anyone with similar experiences?

You could report it via Samsung Members.

0 Likes
Marc12345
Apprentice
Options
Ok thank you
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Marc12345  no problem.  option to Factory Reset (ensuring Data Backed up) but as no guarantee may not wish to do that at this point.

0 Likes