Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2021 update has left me with no internet unless on wifi

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 07:08 PM)
dkeating
Journeyman
Options

So the June update, has only made my Samsung A50 worse......and I can't uninstall the update, so what do I do?

I now can only access internet and some apps when on wifi. Can't use mobile data to connect to a large proportion of the internet.

No only is this on some shopping, leisure and interest sites but also Google Maps (which has deleted all saved favourites and set up places), Google search doesn't connect, Facebook messenger regularly doesn't connect, Twitter doesn't connect and other generic sites just don't open.

Samsung "support" suggested to clear Samsung Internet cache on the phone but that didn't resolve anything and now they don't answer emails. Great!

I've had Samsungs for 10yrs and now I can't wait for my contract renewal to come in October so I can stop using my Samsung and get a different make of phone.

Utterly ridiculous position to be in and no support from Samsung at all.

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see if mobile data works OK.

Also check the Apn settings in your phone to ensure they are correct for your network and contract type @dkeating 

If all else fails then as a very last resort back up and factory reset. This may or may not help if your sim card works fine in another phone.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Marmijam
Journeyman
Options
I am having the same issue, and nothing seems to be working to rectify the situation!
0 Likes
dkeating
Journeyman
Options

I'm not going to do a factory reset on my phone to solve the issue that Samsung have made. Their solution so far is "clear samsung internet cache" - done that nothing changed. Also tried "airplane mode on, turn phone off and back on" - nothing changed. Have uninstalled Samsung Internet app and reinstalled - nothing changed. Have run an app to see if i can garner any further information and the only thing I note is that Data Activity when on mobile data cycles from InOut to Out to none and back.....so a possible pointer in the right direction but no idea how to resolve Samsungs ***** up

0 Likes
dkeating
Journeyman
Options

Now cleared Cache partition and still no change

0 Likes
Badgerssnood
First Poster
Options

I'm also still without Internet unless on WiFi. Amazingly samsungs suggestion to me was to change my sim card. Clueless!!

0 Likes
dkeating
Journeyman
Options
Suddenly another software update appeared on my phone and so far it's solved it.

I downloaded an app to see what my phone was doing with data etc and sent them the screenshot video which showed my mobile data was rolling from InOut to Out then to None...maybe they solved the issue from that.
JackobiSaturn
First Poster
Options

Same!! Mine updated just over a week ago and I've tried everything! Nothing is doing it!! I hope they sort it soon, good luck 

0 Likes
dkeating
Journeyman
Options
I sent them data that showed my mobile data connection was rolling in and out, they then sent a new update and since then it's sorted. Contact them and explain the situation
0 Likes
baximus
First Poster
Options

I have similar problem. All aps apart from Google Suite ( maps, chrome, search, youtube apps) connect to internet. My data is working fine as I have checked that with my network supplier.

0 Likes