Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with podcasts

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 06:29 PM)
DogberryPH
First Poster
Options

Hi. I recently got a Galaxy A52, and I'm having some trouble playing podcasts. On Spotify some podcasts download and play, some don't. Music downloads and plays fine. I downloaded Podcast Player and found the same problem; some podcasts play, some don't. I tried going through the settings (battery etc), reinstalling, removing the SD card, and the problem persists. I also discovered that the podcasts I can't play on my phone are fine on Spotify on my Macbook Air. So I think this is an issue with my phone. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
On spotify try Settings to allow
Background activity

This page maybe helpful also

Audio stops playing on Galaxy mobile devices or accessories

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200668/
0 Likes
DogberryPH
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the help, but I've already done those things and the problem remains. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @DogberryPH 

When you say 'they don't play', does an error pop up, or is it something else? Are you listening to the podcasts through the phone's speaker, or have you connected a Bluetooth device? Do you notice a pattern between the podcasts that don't play (other than them not working)?

0 Likes
DogberryPH
First Poster
Options

Hi. For some reason the problem disappeared. I didn't do anything new, but now I have no trouble with podcasts, whether using Spotify or Podcast Player. 

They simply didn't play or download. No error messages or anything. Didn't matter whether I was listening on my phone or was connected to Bluetooth speakers. No pattern I could discern. What's weird is that the same podcast I was listening to a week before suddenly stopped playing. 

And now everything is fine again. Weird. 

0 Likes