Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a galaxy a70 fixable after water damage, a phone repair technician thinks not?

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 05:30 AM)
Purcell91
First Poster
Options

Hi community 

My girlfriend recently damaged her galaxy a70 to the point where it doesn't turn on or give an visual output, it was due to water damage, this is the second time it has happened in a few months & it was fixable the first time.

A different technician in a different country(as we're on holiday) says its unrepairable there was too much corrosion caused.

I'm awaiting to get back to Ireland to the guy who fixed it the first time as the shop i went to abroad was an icare shop that would cater to apple devices. Is it possible to recovery the phones data or replace all components to fix the phone? Im sure this is a possibility even though the technician thinks otherwise. 

Could anyone enlighten me on this to see can the phone be fixed or if the images are recoverable? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Purcell91 

Sometimes the issue is that Yes a phone can be made to operate again after water ingress but as water has touched the parts inside then over time these can fur up and fail even after getting the phone to work again.

It also Depends if anything was in the water too.

I'm not an engineer so cannot refute what the person advised you so I'd agree to go back to the first shop.

I assume the manufacturing warranty is out of date or invalid due to the water indicators being tripped.

I'd work out how much it's going to cost coupled with the probable further issues in the near future to how much a new or nearly new i.e 2and hand phone would be.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes