Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritating notification - blocked call

(Topic created on: 23-04-2020 08:50 PM)
Mr_Toxic
First Poster
Options

How do you get rid of this irritating feature when I block a number. I blocked it and now it keeps reminding me that it is blocked.irritating.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Mr_Toxic ,

let's get this sorted. Are you blocking these calls using a third-party app or the Phone app? If you are using a third-party app head into Settings> Apps> Search for the app> Notifications, are these enabled? 

0 Likes
Mr_Toxic
First Poster
Options

Its only the default phone app that I am using.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @Mr_Toxic . In this case, you can turn these notifications from: Settings> Apps> Menu (3 dots top right)> Show System Apps> Phone app> Notifications. Keep in mind that as this is part of the default Phone app this might affect other phone notifications such as missed calls. 

Alternatively, you can block these numbers using a third-party app or by contacting your network provider so you won't get these notifications. 

0 Likes
Mr_Toxic
First Poster
Options

I thank you for your assistance. I don't understand why Samsung in it's infinite wisdom could not put NO NOTIFICATION on blocked calls. It's just lazy programming. I'll probably have to look for a decent third party app like you said. I installed one and the first thing it wants to do is be my default SMS app. No thank you

@TessM wrote:

That is fine @Mr_Toxic . In this case, you can turn these notifications from: Settings> Apps> Menu (3 dots top right)> Show System Apps> Phone app> Notifications. Keep in mind that as this is part of the default Phone app this might affect other phone notifications such as missed calls. 

Alternatively, you can block these numbers using a third-party app or by contacting your network provider so you won't get these notifications. 

, uninstalled.

0 Likes