Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Warranty

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 03:57 PM)
Subham Sutaria
First Poster
Options

I am planning to buy a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G from India. I will be moving to the Netherlands for my studies. I want to know if the standard 12 months warranty will be valid internationally or not.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One thing to consider is if the phone is compatible with the networks that you will use there.
Samsung pay may not work either
Not sure about the warranty, but a couple of things to look into before you go ahead
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Subham Sutaria   Certainly few things to consider as mentioned by @Glenntech .   As far as I am aware it seems  standard warranty outside of the European Economic area (which obviously the Netherlands is in)  would not be valid.

From Samsung Guide (extract)

"Consumers who are using a product in a country in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“Europe”) which was first purchased in another country in Europe can obtain warranty services. The period of the warranty and the warranty service provided will be those of the country in Europe where the warranty claim is made.

When you buy a non-European device, it is not covered under our European Warranty Policy. In that regard, when making a purchase please do check that the device is a European model".

Further details here: warranty/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Subham Sutaria: I can confirm that the 24 month warranty for a device purchased and intended for use in India will not be valid in the Netherlands, due to our regional warranty policy. You are also likely to encounter compatibility issues with some apps and services, due to software and hardware variances that exist in our devices from country to country. 

JasmynHector
First Poster
Options
What about the other way, would a warranty be valid if I bought a phone in the UK and took it to south africa
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @JasmynHector. The warranty is valid within the region from which your smartphone is purchased.

Within the UK, we can repair devices that have been purchased within the European Economic Area. That would also apply if one of our UK model devices needed to be repaired in another European country. 

However, if you purchased your phone in the UK (and if it was a UK model, of course), it could not be repaired under warranty in South Africa. 

0 Likes