Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 & windows Mobile Hotspot drops idling Samsung Clients

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 06:54 AM)
Mahli
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem as the person in the thread:
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Mobile Hotspot | Clients "Connected without internet" 

My setup is:

My home desktop PC: TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WIFI with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201  160MHz, Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, build 22621.1635

My phones: Various Samsung models (android) like #Galaxy A41 and #Galaxy A33 

My PC is connected with an Ethernet cable to the ISP. The connection works fine and is stable.

My phones connects to Wi-Fi everywhere else.

Problem:
I switch on Mobile hotspot on my PC. My phones connect to it. Phone says about current network “Checking the quality of your the internet connection...” then says “Connected”.

My desktop PC Mobile hotspot says “Devices connected: 1 of 8”. Now the connection between my phone and PC is fine.

However after about 5-10 minutes (this varies) idling (with no network traffic ie. not touching my phone), when the phone screen saver kicks in : Mobile hotspot says Devices connected: 0 of 8.

My phone says about the current network (desktops Mobile hotspot) it's "Connected without internet" or "Internet may not be available". My phone now is now without internet.

My phone does not re-connect to desktops Mobile hotspot. Unless, I turn off and on my phones Wi-Fi or I turn off and on my desktops Mobile hotspot.

Does anyone else have problems joining a similar windows PC mobile hotspot WiFi?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think rolling back is your best option until Intel resolve this.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In the thread you posted a link to it seems an older version of the Intel drivers worked so I would recommend the working solution. Just a quick question, why use mobile hotspot and not a regular wifi network?
0 Likes
Mahli
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I don't have a regular wifi router network. I thought of getting one, but concluded that sharing my desktop PCs mobile hotspot would suffice for my mobile devices. I have a studio flat so I didn't want too much stuff there.

I guess rolling back to a earlier driver version is the way to go.

Mahli
Apprentice
Options

The problem seems to if not enough network traffic is going to the mobile, client Galaxy A33 5G in particular the Intel AX201 will just drop the connection from the PCs side.

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think rolling back is your best option until Intel resolve this.
0 Likes